While going through my morning ritual this past Saturday morning, Little did I know that God was going to force me to reckon with His reality. It is too easy to orchestrate our life by our schedule and the power of our plans. We direct the path of our life as a magnificent ship with the control of our preconceived notions and to-do lists.
My sister in the Lord posted these words: “At days end, I don’t want to give him me as I am today. I want to give him full of grace, sailing with mercy, loaded with compassion, flying with patience.” They hit me with the emotional force of a Tractor Trailer grossing 120,000 pounds at freeway speed. God spoke to my heart in a unique way, “Joshua, do you want to give your wife and daughter who you are today?”
Come along with me as I share with you my conversation with the Most High.
God:” Joshua, who are you today?”
Me: “Wow, you went there. Ummm, that’s a good question. I don’t know who I am like you do. But I strive to be a man who loves you and seeks to follow you in every step.”
God: “Are you happy with who you are giving to your wife and daughter today?”
God: “Why not?”
Me: “Because I am not who I want to be in You….yet.”
God: “You will always be striving to be greater in Me. There will always be something you are not satisfied about during this life.”
Me: “What do you have to share with me this morning?”
God: “Psalm 27…..”
Me: “Are you…”
God: “…and Proverbs 27”
Me: “Ok, ok, I’ll go read them.”
“One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.”
“As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his place.
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Whoso keepeth the fig tree shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth on his master shall be honored.
As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.”
-Proverbs 27:8, 12, 17-19
These verses resonated within my heart as the soothing current of a flowing brook. It was as if God reached down and put these verses there just me. This prompted me to ask: what do I want to be able to give my wife and daughter today?
- I want to give them my passion to serve The God of Angel Armies in an extraordinary way. As we live in a world that consumes with no remorse. I want my family to rise above mediocrity in their relationship with The I AM.
- I want to give them my source of comfort and validation in The Rock of Ages. When life tries to deliver a crushing blow, I want them to know who they can run to My, (and their), Abba Father.
- I want to give them the testimony of an earthly father and husband who is faithful. I yearn to show them my commitment to remaining pure in my duties as a man of God and a father and husband.
- I want to give them a friendship and a source to come for edification. An enabler of encouragement, fun, and comfort. I want to be their source of iron. I desire that my relationship with God is so powerful that my family can grow from the results.
- I want to give them a heart so genuine they can use my life as a mirror. I want my wife and daughter to be able to come and share their heart with me because they see my heart vested in His.
I would like to remind you that you never know who the Lord will use you to impact in a powerful way, or How He will do it. This sister is a fellow blogger, who barely knows my name. Yet, the Lord has used His grace through her. Words that shatter my preconceived notions and change the direction of the ship of life that I know. Stay faithful friend. God will use you, we need you to stay faithful. I need you to stay faithful. Most of all, your family needs you to stay faithful. Keep the faith dear brother or sister.
Question: What do you want to share with those dearest to you? Comment below or via social media.